Brief History & Mandate
The Hounslow Welcare Trust became a registered charity in 2010 and was established with the following aim:
The object of the Trust is the provision of grants to Church of England parishes within the Deanery and or London Borough of Hounslow to enable the promotion of charitable purposes for the benefit of the community as an expression of social concern.
The Trust welcomes applications for grants to support Christian mission and evangelism from Church of England parishes within the Hounslow Deanery and / or located in the London Borough of Hounslow.
See elsewhere on this page for stories of recent grants made.
The trustees have agreed that, going forward, the Trust will:
- Consider grant requests above £1000 and be open to considering multi-year requests.
- Be willing to fund ongoing costs for established projects as well as accepting applications from new ventures.
- Aim to inspire new projects by publicising the success of those already funded, such as those shown here.
Interested in applying?
- Contact the Area Dean (who chairs the Trustees) or any other member of the Trustees for an informal conversation.
- Download the application form and return on time.
- Applications must be submitted by the first day of the month of the meeting at which it is to be considered.
Rev Richard Frank (Hounslow Area Dean and Chair of the Hounslow Welcare Trust)
Trustees meet three or more times a year (generally around February, June and October) to:
- Oversee the fund.
- Consider new grant applications and decide on grants.
- Receive feedback on the effectiveness of supported projects.
The Trust is chaired (ex-officio) by the Area Dean of Hounslow, Rev Richard Frank.
- Mr Fred Michell (Lay Chair of Hounslow Deanery Synod)
- Mr David Rowe (Lay member of Hounslow Deanery Synod representing All Souls, St Margarets-on-Thames)
- Miss Dawn Rabin (Lay member of Hounslow Deanery Synod representing St Leonard’s Heston)
- Mrs Rachel Maclure (Lay member of St John’s Church, Isleworth)
- Rev Philip Smith (Vicar of St Mary’s, Bedfont)
The work of the Trustees is supported by the Trust’s Secretary & Treasurer, Mrs Kathleen McQuarrie.
Last year alone we made grants in excess of £45,000 to both churches and community projects supported by churches within Hounslow. These grants went to support work as diverse as foodbanks, building work in churches, community pastors, outreach workers, and many more.
If you would like to read the about some of the projects we’ve recently supported, then you can access our most recent flyer here.
To date, we’ve supported Projects all over Hounslow – could your project be next?
The Trustees meet three times a year (in roughly February/March, June and October) to consider new grants applications, to monitor the effectiveness of past grants and to oversee the fund itself.
Applications must be sent to the Welcare Secretary (Mrs Kathleen McQuarrie) at the address shown in the application form to arrive no later than the Monday of the week before the trustees meet.
Conversations in advance of applying are encouraged.
The next meeting of the trustees is scheduled for May 2020.
Please use this form to feedback on past grants and provide an update to the Trustees.