Church Support Hub has baptism, wedding & funeral and bereavement resources from CofE online:
Funeral and bereavement resources on main CofE website:
For those doing Crem Duty, the following should be noted:
- They should be fit and well themselves.
- They should not have anyone vulnerable in their household.
- They should take all reasonable precautions for their own wellbeing.
- They should be prepared for little notice and minimal information of the details of the deceased.
- They should be prepared for a severely shortened length for the funeral service.
- Details of CofE texts and notes for these circumstances can be found on the CofE website (here)
- Full details of each funeral taken to be passed to a central record to ensure follow up. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- They should be made aware of the support available to them.
Funeral Fees: It is likely that a blanket permission will be issued to waive funeral fees.
Funeral Ministry: Some thoughts from a trauma-informed perspective on supporting ministers in funeral ministry during the Covid-19 Crisis are available here
Church Print Hub resources for printing or order: https://www.churchprinthub.org
Finance: Encourage churches is to be in touch with Mary Spredbury about finance. This document from the CofE helpfully sets out all the key government financial measures which could apply to churches and institutions: Link to Document here
What comes next: This is a thought-provoking piece on thinking beyond this first phase to what comes next (written by one of ‘our’ clergy): Read Here
Online / Video tutorials – Tutorials on Zoom and Googlemeet: https://www.christchurchkensington.com/softwarehelp and 7 Hints & Tips for speaking to a camera: