Look at Sian’s powerpoint presentation (n pdf format) here.
The video she recommended can be viewed below:
- Age UK
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Christians on Ageing
- Christian Council on Ageing
- Dementia Action Alliance
- Faith in Elderly People
- Mental Health Matters (Church of England)
- Pilgrims Friend
- The Gift of Years (Bible Reading Fellowship)
Reports & Blogs
- Connecting Communities: The Impact of Loneliness and Opportunities for Churches to Respond published by The Church Urban Fund
- Top ten tips for Dementia Friendly Communities
- How can faith communities break down stigma around dementia?
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation & Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust Approaches to loneliness programme
- Campaign to End Loneliness: statistics, tools and ideas for combatting loneliness in old age
- Later Life factsheet from AgeUK
Read the blog by Sian Brookes and Bishop Graham Tomlin here.