Some useful links and resources to save:
- Church of England page: keep checking this – support if you need to make unpopular decisions, and clear boundaries within which to make good local decisions. Additional detail on London Diocese page.
- Official UK Government Advice.
- Catering: Exeter Diocese has helpful informal (i.e. not mandatory) guidance – thanks to Sarah for passing them on. PDF here.
Church and Community
- Bishop Sarah’s on “Loving our neighbours” is a great resource to share – and could shape our preaching?
- I love this from Nextdoor (a local community App) on a “Community Action Response”.
Online – or on the phone – Church
- While services are still happening – but some are having to stay away – here’s how to set up your church for live streaming.
- Start thinking about to connect with people who do not have access to social media? Prayers by post, phonecalls (pairing people up to pray together each morning on the phone?) etc…
- If services cease for a while, think now about how you might keep connecting with the congregation – would they benefit from a daily email with prayer, a regular blog or a weekly webcast?
- And don’t forget the CofE Prayer for the Day online (and on Alexa).